Polly Locomotive Kits
Building a Kit Loco
Simple assembly of the fully machined kits is facilitated by:
- Laser cut frames with horn guides jig assembled prior to despatch.
- Boiler silver soldered and certified to EU standards.
- Wheels, eccentrics and axles provided with positive location.
- Tanks supplied fully assembled and soldered for reliability.
- CNC machined parts for accuracy and consistency.
- Lost wax castings used to improve appearance and ease finishing.
The locomotives are normally sold in twelve kit packages. This example details the individual kits for a Polly III Loco.
|Kit 3||Pump and Motion|
|Kit 7||Blastpipe and Reverser|
|Kit 8||Pipes and fittings|
|Kit 9:||Boiler and Smokebox|
|Kit 10||Chimney & Cladding|
|Kit 11||Cab & running plates|
|Kit 12||Tanks and fittings|