Practical Scale - Drawings and Castings
A developing range of exclusive designs for scale model locomotives, initially in 5” gauge, of which several have been or are being serialised in model engineering magazines. Neville Evans, designer of a number of locos is a regular contributor to Model Engineer.
Whilst we have no plans to produce kits for these locomotives, considering that builders of such fine scale locomotives do not want to be constrained to that degree; we are developing a new approach. The availability of high quality castings, laser cut components and lost wax parts aim to facilitate the fast build of high quality models.
Additionally, we are able to use the precision engineering capabilities of the Polly workshops to undertake machining of more complex parts such as cylinders or driving wheels some model engineers find difficult.
- Bulleid Q1 in 3 ½” Gauge
- Collet 4000 gallon and 3500 gallon tenders designed by Neville Evans
- Collett Goods (2251 Class) 0-6-0 designed in collaboration with David Aitken
- Highland Railway Loch 4-4-0 tender loco designed by Neville Evans
- Highland Railway Jones Goods 4-6-0 tender loco designed by Neville Evans
- GWR Penrhos Grange 4-6-0 tender loco designed by Neville Evans
- GWR Hatherton Hall 4-6-0 tender loco designed by Neville Evans
- Southern Railway Schools Class 4-4-0 tender loco designed by Neville Evans
- Midland Railway Compound 4-4-0 tender loco designed by Mike Smart
- GWR Loco Designs by by Pete Rich
- Designs in Preparation